The Village Inn, Grimsby Ontario
|Scope & Content||
Unused postcard of black and white photograph of "The Village Inn, Grimsby, Ontario"
The Village Inn was a well known social establishment where weddings, parties, dances and dining affairs took place.
The Village Inn opened post 1906 after being purchased by John Hewitt. It closed for a number of years during WWI and re-opened in 1921. The Village Inn was demolished in 1974 with the building of the Village Inn plaza. The Village Inn was located where is now known as the corner of Main Street and Mountain Street facing Main Street.
Main Street was paved in 1922 and this postcard shows a paved Main street with the railroad tracks.
Duplicate of 2011.1.10 and 2011.1.127
|Copyrights||All rights belong to the Grimsby Museum with restriction.|
Village Inn, The